One-pan organic roast dinner
Serves 4 people
1½ kg organic chicken
300ml organic chicken stock
50g softened organic butter
2 tsp organic dried mixed herbs
750g organic potatoes, chopped in half
7 organic carrots, chopped
2 tbsp organic olive oil
2 tbsp organic gravy granules
300 ml water
Image courtesy of Laurel F
- Start by preheating the oven to 220C (gas mark 7) or 200C for fan ovens.
- Then place the organic chicken into a large roasting tin. If you want to, you could cover the top of the chicken with organic butter and organic dried herbs and seasoning.
- Next, drizzle the contents of the tin with organic olive oil.
- Roast for 30 mins.
- Then, take the chicken out of the oven and surround it with the organic potatoes and carrots. Feel free to add other organic vegetables such as organic parsnips.
- Then reduce the heat to 200C (gas mark 6) or 180C for fan ovens and put the roasting tin back in the oven to roast again for 50 mins.
- When the chicken only has 5 mins left to cook, pour 300 ml of water into the kettle and boil it. Once it has boiled, put 2 tbsp organic gravy granules into a measuring jug and add the boiling water into the measuring jug. Next, stir the organic gravy granules into the water until it is all mixed in.
- When the chicken and vegetables have cooked (the chicken juices should run clear and the vegetables nicely crisped), carve the chicken and serve with your vegetables and gravy to enjoy your organic roast dinner.