Organic beef lasagne
Serves 2-4 people
750g organic lean beef diced ready for mincing or 750g organic lean beef mince
300g organic lasagne sheets
125g organic mozzarella
1 tbsp organic olive oil
1 bottle/carton organic passata sauce
organic white sauce
½ an onion diced into small pieces
Image courtesy of Alpha
- Firstly, if you are mincing your own organic beef, put your diced organic beef into the mincer and mince away.
- Heat the organic olive oil in a frying pan, put the organic minced beef into the frying pan and brown it.
- Once browned, pour the organic passata into the mince, add the diced onion and mix. Bring the pan up to the boil and then simmer for 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 180C (gas mark 5) or 160C for fan ovens. Next, you need to assemble the lasagne. Pour ½ the organic meat into an ovenproof serving dish. Then cover that with the organic lasagne sheets and cover that with ½ the white sauce. Repeat this one more time.
- Break pieces of the organic mozzarella off, spread them over the top of the lasagne and put in the oven to bake for 45 mins. The top should lightly browned. For an extra kick you could also grate some organic parmesan over the lasagne.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy your organic beef lasagne.