Organic chicken curry
Serves 2-4 people.
1 tbsp organic olive oil
1 organic onion
1 organic skinless chicken breast
100g organic spinach
One handful of organic coriander
500g organic plain rice
4 tbsp plain organic yogurt (optional)
Organic curry paste
1 tsp organic chilli flakes
2 tsp organic cumin
Image courtesy of Alpha
- Pour 1 tbsp of organic olive oil into a frying pan and add the diced organic onion. Tip 1 tsp organic cumin into the pan and mix into the onions. Fry the onion for about 3 mins until they are golden.
- Next, pour 4 tbsp of organic curry paste into the frying pan and stir it in with the onions. Also mix 1 tsp organic chilli flakes and 1 tsp organic cumin into the pan. Fry this for about a minute.
- Dice the organic chicken breast and add it into the pan.
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer for 20 mins.
- Whilst the curry is simmering we can start cooking the organic plain rice. Pour water into a large pan until its ¾ full. Bring the water to the boil and add the organic plain rice. Leave the rice to simmer for 15 mins and give it an occasional stir to stop from sticking. Ensure that you check the rice, whilst its cooking, as not all types of rice will take as long to cook.
- When the rice has just cooked, drain the water, pour the rice into a sieve and then run boiling water through the rice. This should finish the rice off and rinse the starch off, leaving it fresh, hot and tasty!
- Stir a handful of organic coriander into the curry. If you prefer a mild curry, you can also stir in some plain organic yogurt.
- Serve the rice and organic chicken curry whilst it’s still hot.