Organic white bread
500g organic white flour
2 tsp salt
7g organic yeast
3 tbsp organic olive oil
Image courtesy of rprata
- In a large bowl, mix together the organic flour, salt and organic yeast.
- In the centre of the mix create a crater and pour the organic olive oil and water in to it. Mix this together until it looks like dough.
- Put the dough onto a floured surface and knead the bread thoroughly until the dough is smooth.
- Lightly oil a large bowl with organic olive oil and then put the dough into that bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and leave the dough to rise for 60 mins.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then knock back (punch out the air) the dough and then shape the bread into a ball. Alternatively, shape the dough into 4 bap shapes. Now put the dough onto the baking tray and leave it for 60 mins to rise again.
- Next, you need to pre-heat the oven to 220C (gas mark 7) or 200C for a fan oven. Lightly cover the dough with organic flour.
- Finally, bake the dough for 25-30 mins. After, the bread or baps should be golden brown in colour. Allow the bread to cool before serving.